Soulja Boy is a rapper and record producer and widely recognized for his debut single in 2007 ‘Crank That (Soulja Boy)’.
Full name: DeAndre Ramone Way
Born date: July 28, 1990
Born in: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Father’s name: NA
Mother’s name: NA
Sibling (s): Deion Jenkins
Net Worth: $30 million
Soulja Boy fast Facts
- Moved back to Atlanta to pursue industry leads and to get his feet wet doing live performances.
- He was just 14 years old his father provided him with a recording studio to begin his musical career.
- His MySpace page broke the site’s records and generated millions of views.
- Affiliated with Interscope via Collipark‘s Collipark Music imprint, Soulja Boy Tell Em gradually rose to number one on the pop charts with his snap-dance hit single “Crank Dat (Soulja Boy)” in 2007
- Soulja Boy’s net worth has accumulated to $30 million.
- In 2005 he posted one of his very first songs on the website SoundClick.
- In 2007 he released his hit song ‘Crank That’ that made number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
- The 50th Grammy Awards, Way was nominated for Best Rap Song with “Crank That (Soulja Boy)”
- On the night of March 22, 2011, Way’s little brother, Deion Jenkins, was killed in a car crash.
- On December 30, 2008, Way was robbed and battered in his home.
- He had a loaded handgun in the car and was then arrested immediately and taken to jail.